As of September 2021
- Advanced registration required on Mindbody at least 30 minutes prior to class. No drop-ins.
- Proof of vaccination required in advance. Please email us a photo of your vaccination card.
- Masks: As of 9/1/21, we are asking all students to wear a mask during classes. The teacher will also wear a mask. This guideline may change in the future.
- 12 person class limit.
- Cancellations must be received at least 1 hour prior to class or you may be charged.
- Classes may be changed to an online format. In this case we will notify you as far in advance as possible.
- Bring your own mat. The studio will provide all props except mats.
- Our building HVAC system has been upgraded to MERV-13 filters, which provide a very high level of particulate and bacterial filtration.
Online Class Pricing
Drop In: $15
5 Class Pass: $70 ($14 / class)
10 Class Pass: $130 ($13 / class)
One Month Pass: $150 (up to 1 class/day)
All class passes expire within 6 months, except for one month passes which expire 30 days from date of purchase.
Sliding Scale Drop In: $5 or $10, available on our regular payment menu. Please use if you are in financial need.
Additional scholarships may be available for regular students in need, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Reserve a spot in a class at least 30 minutes ahead of time. Class sizes may be limited.
* You need to have an active class pass to reserve a spot.
* 20-30 minutes prior to class, you will receive an email with a link to the class.
* If you signed up but didn’t get the email, check your spam! If you still don’t see it, email us at email@example.com
* If it’s your first time using Zoom, please try to connect early so you have time to problem solve.
* We ask for your understanding that the teacher cannot provide tech support during class. Here are Zoom help links:
If your video isn’t working
If your audio isn’t working
* You can also just call in (audio only) if your wifi is slow or your video won’t work. The number is in the email you received before class.
To Reserve a Spot, Sign Into Your Yoga Shala Mindbody Account
* If you have not been to Yoga Shala before, please create a Mindbody Account.
Each new student must create their own new account so they can sign a waiver.
* If you have been to Yoga Shala, you already have a Mindbody account!
Please DO NOT create a duplicate account.
* To sign in, click on this link: Yoga Shala Mindbody Page
* Some of you already know how to sign in to your MindBody account online.
* If you have never signed in online, you DO have an account, but do not yet have a password to access it. Click on the link above, enter your email and request a password “change.” A link will be sent to your email to create a “new” password for your account.
* You need a discreet login for Yoga Shala on Mindbody. You can’t use a Mindbody account from a different studio.
Download Zoom and Create a FREE Account
Click here to download the audio / video platform we are using: https://zoom.us/signup
You do not need to pay for an account! Use the option to create a free account.
Set Up for the Class
* Assemble your props and pick a space to practice. At minimum, have a mat, block and strap available. Bring other props too if you have them! You can also use household items such as thick books for a block, or a belt for a strap.
* Set up your device or computer. It should be 6-8′ away from your mat so we can see your entire pose.
* Ideally your mat should be horizontal with the long edge running right to left. (If you can’t arrange this don’t worry.)
* It’s helpful if your device is up on a chair or coffee table so you can see us more easily.
* Please set up square to the camera rather than at an angle.
* We can’t see you if the lighting is too low or if you are silhouetted against a window.
* If you have a question, raise your hand so the teacher can see you and unmute you.
* IMPORTANT: This is a very different format than an in-person class. We will not be able to see and help individuals in the same way. We ask you to take care of yourselves! If something is not appropriate for you, please opt out of the pose.
Types of Classes
Are you in pain or dealing with a serious injury or medical issue? Before you sign up for classes, please fill out this brief form so we can help you determine the best way to start yoga.
These lively classes offer instruction on how to safely learn a wide variety of postures, including the basics of headstand and shoulderstand.
Students should have a solid foundation in yoga and should ideally be familiar with the Iyengar method, including how to do headstand and shoulderstand in the Iyengar style, or appropriate alternatives.
These classes are for students with a strong foundation in the Iyengar Yoga method, including the ability to hold Sirsasana and Sarvangasana for at least 5 minutes.
These challenging mixed level classes offer options for established beginners through advanced students. Please attend Gentle Classes if you need a slower pace, or have limitations or chronic pain.
Gentle classes are appropriate for students who require a slower-paced, more methodical class or who need special assistance. Classes cover a range of both active and restorative poses. * See below for more information.
Restorative classes offer a calming and refreshing sequence focused on quieting the mind and body. Includes inversions (or appropriate alternatives). Please attend Gentle Classes if you need a slower pace, or have limitations or chronic pain.
Iyengar Yoga has countless ways to adapt poses for pregnant women. Our teachers can help you with these modifications, and with addressing challenges that may come up during your pregnancy. There are excellent poses which for fatigue, upper or lower back pain, headaches, compression of the organs, insomnia, swelling in the legs, and many more. Contact us before your first class for information on which classes to attend, since some of our teachers have advanced training for pregnancy.
Attend Gentle Classes if:
- You need or want a slower-paced class
- You have some physical limitations but have basic freedom of movement in your joints
- You have some minor aches and pains but nothing serious
- You have had a injury or surgery in the past, but are through with physical therapy and have resumed most regular activities
- Your doctor has cleared you for yoga
You should not attend classes if you have any of the following situations:
- You are having serious pain (ongoing or episodic), or have a serious medical condition
- You have recently had an injury or surgery
- You are having a back, neck, shoulder or knee problem that is really troubling you
- You have a limitation that seriously compromises your movements in shoulder, hip, back etc. For example, you can’t bend over, or you can’t lift your arm easily.
- You are unsteady on your feet.
If any of these descriptions applies to you, please click here
Please do not wear perfume, cologne, essential oils, or other scents – they can be disturbing to other students and are very difficult to remove from our props.
Your First Visit– On your first visit, plan to arrive 15 minutes before class.
Props: We provide all props, including a limited number of yoga mats for public use. For health reasons, we encourage you to bring your own mat.
Adjustments – It is up to you whether to receive adjustments or not. If there is something teachers should know about adjusting you, or if you do not want adjustments, please let us know. You can always ask to speak to a teacher in private.
Injuries, Health Conditions, and Special Circumstances – Before class begins, let the instructor know about anything that might affect your practice, including minor injuries, health conditions, joint replacements, or pregnancy.
Some issues cannot be handled in a general class. If you have serious medical conditions, injuries, chronic pain, or are unsteady on your feet, please fill out this form so we can help you determine the best way to start yoga. We ask that you do not just show up at the studio for a class if you have significant pain, a recent injury or surgery, or a medical issue.
If You Are Late – Please don’t leave – just come in quietly and join us.
Signing Up For Class – We encourage you to make an online reservation on Mindbody before coming to class. Or, you can just arrive 15 minutes early and check in at the desk.
- We accept cash, checks and credit cards
- All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable
- All regular class passes expire 6 months from date of purchase
Introductory Offer For New, Local Students
- 30 Days for $30
- Attend up to one class/day.
- Available only on your first visit to Yoga Shala. This pass cannot be shared.
- Available to residents of Boulder and the surrounding areas.
5 Class Pass
10 Class Pass
20 Class Pass
One Month Pass
10% Discount for Students and Military
Discount good for regular passes and drop-in rates. A valid ID is required. No discounts on new student passes, annual memberships, workshops or other specials.
Partial scholarships are available for regular, dedicated students with financial need. To apply, e-mail Octavia and Tamarie.
Available in any amount, print or email delivery. Purchase a gift card at this link. For email delivery, look carefully for a small box you must click beside the phrase “Send recipient the gift card via email.”
Please note that there are no refunds, returns, extensions or transfers for class passes, workshops or retail purchases. As small business owners we appreciate your understanding of our policy.